Friday, May 16, 2014

Unity's Friends with Flair 5.16.14 Mother's Day cards


Mother's Day is a reflective time for me as I am sure it is for all moms. I know it is a day to honor moms but without the kids.......well, you know. 

I am lucky to have had my four children and most of their spouses and my granddaughter with me for the day. They cooked and chatted and gave me a gift that brings tears to my eyes! They gave me a plane ticket to visit my sister who is struggling right now. They knew it was what I really wanted and needed.  So thoughtful. I am so happy that they are all friends (there were days when they were young that I would have bet they would never be close!) and live within an hour of each other. 

I made them Mother's Day cards! 
They made me a good mom. They weathered the challenges of growing up. And I am so proud of the adults that they have become.



I used Unity's Itty Bitty "You Make Me Happy" stamp. The words are lyrics from a song that was an anthem in our car when the children were little "You Are My Sunshine"

I hope your spring is sunny!!!


16 comments:

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

very nice card set

Dr. Ivy said...

Very sweet cards. How sweet that they got you what would mean the most to you. Very special family.

Miwa said...

What great cards! I'm so glad to hear you had a lovely Mothers' Day - sounds like you did a good job raising them! :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a lovely assortment of cards!

Crystal said...

That is so sweet! The cards you created are very lovely as well!

Ruby said...

Lovely cards. What a great tribute to your children. You are so fortunate to have adult children who care and are close to you. What a great gift so you can see your sister. Enjoy your trip. You deserve it.

Sue D said...

Very sweet mother's day cards.

joetterer said...

sweet story and lovely cards

jengd said...

Very cute set of cards!

Lindsey said...

Terrific card set, and what a sweet reason for making them. :)

Julie Odil said...

Making Mother's Day cards for your kids is one of the most thoughtful things I've ever heard of. It brought tears to my eyes. I know where your kids got their thoughtfulness from!

Shona said...

Oh that is just so sweet and thoughtful. I'll bet they were really touched!

JPScraps said...

These are all great cards!

Kary said...

Wonderful selection of cards!! You did a great job. Love the designs.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love them all. TFS

Gaylynn said...

Wonderful set of cards for the Moms. How proud you must be. :)