Thursday, January 30, 2014

Unity's FWF 1.31.2014

So here is a crazy story. My sister wanted to paint the number 12 (Seahawks fans are considered the 12th man on the field) for the Super Bowl this weekend. She found a website about "How to Decorate Your Horse" (really!). But she could not find any large stencils. So I made her 18" stencils on my Silhouette.



I am sure I will be nominated for some kind of award for this excellent video!!!


Here are the photos of the retired race horse as a 12!



The next day and after a lot of rain, my sister stopped her horse from rolling in the mud and messing up his numbers.  So he did an interpretative dance instead with a pirouette, a leap and then a kick which hit my sister and crushed her elbow! The surgery was extensive.

Here is the card that I made for her!



I put a little cast on the girl's arm and signed it!!

So the advice of the day is don't stop your horse from rolling in the mud!!!!


16 comments:

Kris said...

OMGosh this story is both tragic and some what funny and your card is just perfect.

Gwen said...

Wow! Life can get crazy.....I guess a person should remember to let a horse roll when it decides to! Hope sis is feeling better every day and love your PH card for her!

Rachel B said...

Oh my goodness! Your card is fabulous, and how nice of you to make the stencil.... I hope your sisters elbow mends quickly.

Ruby said...

The card is perfect. Thanks for the story.

Dr. Ivy said...

Wow, I am sorry to hear about your sister, but your card is very sweet. I am sure she loved it and "the kiss would make it better". Wish her well and I don't think she will try to stop the horse from doing what comes natural in the future. What we will do to protect our creations.

joetterer said...

yikes! the card is perfect

Crystal said...

Ouch! I wouldn't have thought there was a card for this occasion but you've certainly created the perfect one! Beautiful.

Angeline Choo said...

Your card is beautiful!! Love the horse :)

Anonymous said...

I hope your sister us doing well , love the very special card you made her , love your idea of adding the cast , you made it very special.

An'Jenic G. said...

Pretty card. I love that you add your sentiment to the clouds. An'Jenic-

Kary said...

I'm sorry to hear about your sister's arm. Love your card, it's so cute and so apt. I hope your sis is recovering well. Thanks for sharing :)

Donna K said...

Oh my gosh, what a story!! Hope your sweet card has eased the pain!

Rachel said...

Wow!! how much fun is that?! the horse is beeeeautiful, and so is your card! very personal and special :)
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Tameko said...

Beautiful card!

Scrapper Myra said...

What a perfect stsmp for the ocassion!!! That's Unity!!!! TFS.

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

what a sweet card